Sunday, October 24, 2010

Confidence is Contagious

This new found confidence that the Georgia Bulldogs have found is something that I could get used to. This is the team I know and LOVE and it is great to have them back. Confidence is contagious boys - spread it! Since my Bulldogs were on the road, I went home to visit my family. At 7:25 pm my Dad and I realized that CSS was not an option for us. Yes, late planning but we must have been caught up with the Auburn-LSU match up! So we jump in the car, rush to my Grandma’s (to find her watching the game already) and enjoy the rest of the night with her. I usually say that there is no place I would rather watch a game than Sanford Stadium, but this week I can say that there was no other people I would have rather watched it with than my Dad, Mom, and Grandma! My Dad watches Georgia football like we are playing for the Super Bowl each week, call him crazy but I call him a true fan!


Let’s Review


The Offense

Sophomore Washaun Ealey takes the player of the game award this week. He rushed for a career high 27 times for 157 yards while snatching the school record for the most rushing TDs in a game which he now holds at 5! He did a good job at running hard, fast and low and that worked in our favor! Aaron Murray’s arm wasn’t used much but that worked well Saturday. This no turnover streak wins games and will hopefully continue next week! The O-Line did a great job at blocking and allowing Ealey to get through. AJ Green pushed through several UK defensive players to gain 86 yards.


The Defense

Akeem Dent and Justin Houston came fired up and ready to play. Dent dominated with a career high 15 tackles! Houston forced a fumble, recovered a fumble and put up multiple sacks. Sanders Commings got his 3rd interception of the year and continues to improve. This Todd Grantham defense is setting in and doing so very well! Keep it up D.


Special Teams

After last week, the special teams showed up and showed out with great improvements. Brandon Boykin put up a TD with his 100 yard return (his 4th career TD return, 3 of which were 100 yards). Drew Butler was a great asset to our dominant field position. Blair Walsh seemed to be slightly off. While he is known for his unwavering consistency he missed his first ever collegiate PAT but only after breaking the school record with 115 PATs last week.


In approximately 96 hours and counting I will be Jacksonville bound. I cannot wait to see the parting of red and orange from the student section! I am a senior so this year as I attend the “World’s Largest Cocktail Party” I will go with a different mindset. Rare I know, but I am not going for the party. I for one am going to watch my Bulldogs dominate inside Jacksonville Municipal Stadium. This will be my last trip as a student, meaning the last time I will get to sit in the student section and most definitely the last time I get a $40 ticket. It is and is going to be GREAT TO BE A GEORGIA BULLDOG!

Forewarning to anyone in “jorts” who attempts to Gator chomp at this girl: SERIOUSLY - DON’T DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment