Sunday, September 11, 2011

Georgia’s Resilient Fight Falls Short

The Dawgs may have come up short on the scoreboard, but I don’t think anyone can disagree that they put up a good fight. The 45-42 loss to South Carolina puts Georgia at 0-2 for the season, thus marking the first 0-2 season starter since 1996. Mark Richt has been under strict scrutiny for his team’s lack of ability to put up the W’s and this week’s loss will not help this hot topic.


Aaron Murray completed 19-of-29 passes for 248 yards on Saturday. Blair Walsh put Georgia in an early lead as he hit both 37 and 39 yard field goals. Also putting up the points: Rantavious Wooten, Isaiah Crowell & Michael Bennett. Christian Robinson and Sanders Commings both made key stops for the Dawgs. Robinson dominating with 8 tackles while Commings had 6 major stops.


Marcus Lattimore led the Gamecocks with 176 yards and a touchdown. Scoring off of Georgia’s mistakes, USC was able to put up points from an interception and fumble returns. The Bulldog’s helped their opponent on one too many plays this week.


Again, the Bulldogs put up a resilient fight. They proved to be a much improved team from last week and I am confident that the best is yet to come. I think they realize that they lost a big game. The season is NOT over so Bulldog Nation need not act like it is. These boys need the support of their fans now more than ever.


I am known to be a Mark Richt supporter and fan and I will continue to defend him. I hate having to defend him but I will do so while necessary. I know that there is no finer coach or man to lead this team to greatness. If you watched this week’s game then I think you will agree that the play calling improved and several adjustments were made since last week’s loss. Newsflash: mistakes lost this game…not the coaches. I mean….I’m a girl and even I know that :)


As always, GOOO DAWGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment