Sunday, November 28, 2010

Going out with a WIN

As I watched my last game in Sanford Stadium as a University of Georgia student I can only recall amazing memories over the years. I could not have asked for a better ending to my time here at Georgia. I spent my last game in the press box and was able to learn more about one of my next chosen paths in life – sports journalism. Having a perfect view and watching my Bulldogs take down Tech made for a great ending as a senior at UGA.


The Dawgs 42-34 victory over Georgia Tech enables the Bulldogs to become bowl eligible for the 14th consecutive year!


Aaron Murray completed 15 of 19 passes for 271 yards and threw for three touchdowns. Washaun Ealey rushed for 118 yards on 13 carries with two scores. Kris Durham played a great game for his last one in Sanford Stadium. Murray connected with Durham and on a slant run he took it 66 yards for the first touchdown of the game. Murray’s other first quarter touchdown pass went to Orson Charles for 32 yards.


Justin Houston snagged an interception and also nailed 7 tackles, but Houston’s biggest play came when recovered a fumble and dove into the end zone to put the Dawgs up 35-21. Houston may have had a close to perfect game but the defense definitely did not. The defense allowed Tech to run 92 plays for 512 yards.


A win is a win and it is always a great feeling to Wreck Tech! I came into Georgia with a win and I am going out with a win. What could be better?


I said when I started this blog that I hoped to recap UGA football and all the goodness that surrounds being blessed enough to call myself a Bulldog. Being a Bulldog is about so many things. It is a feeling, a sound, and a lifestyle. It is knowing that despite a 6-6 season record that you cheer for the greatest team in America, the Georgia Bulldogs. Calling yourself a Bulldog is not just a decision but a dedication. For me it is a dedication that will last my whole life through. I am today and forever more PROUD TO BE A GEORGIA BULLDOG!

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog and wanted to say "Well done!". I, too, started my very first blog this September, also about the Dawgs, and it's been a fun learning experience.

    Good luck to you after graduation and Go Dawgs!

    ReplyDelete